Wednesday, November 17, 2010

a few true stories from a strange world

My sister and I were very hungry and on our way to some important destination, so we popped into a drive-through.  I can't remember if it was a DQ, Wendy's, BK or McD's, but that's not important anyway.  We pulled up to the illuminated menu board and speaker where a friendly female voice asked us to "please go ahead with your order" before we had any time to actually look at the board.  My sister managed to blurt out, "Ummm, I guess we'll have..." when the speaker suddenly crackled and said, "thank you, please drive forward".  My sister looked at me in bewilderment.  She leaned her head out of the car and said, "excuse me, but..." and the speaker repeated, "thank you, please drive forward".  Again my sister tried, "I'm sorry, but"; "thank you, please drive forward."  Finally my sister was able to scream out "we haven't ordered yet!", to which the speaker answered, "please go ahead with your order".

No comments:

Post a Comment